It is official. I have driven (or rode along) every mile of the Oregon Coast. My roadtrip was absolutely wonderful.
Mt St Helen's from the road.

On a back road between Corvallis and Florence.

Florence, OR; not Italy

To give you an idea of the size of the dunes, that black speck in the top left corner is a person.
The dunes.

At one point, this sign was readable. It illustrates how much the dunes move.

The lone seal lion at the Sea Lion Caves.
Heceta Head

Perpetua Head

Near Pacific City (my new favorite town).

Haystack Rock in Pacific City
776 miles later I am back in Seattle and still have a whole day left of Thanksgiving vacation!
5 comments:
Wow! It looks like you had a fantastic time!!! Did you meet any crazy locals (or crazy tourists???) They're always the people I love to encounter on road trips...especially if I'm going solo!
That is awesome!
A friend and I drove from Edmonton Alberta all the way done to San Diego, and then back up through Las Vegas and Montana. It was an excellent trip, but one of my favorite sections of the drive was Highway 101 along the Oregon coast. Pretty much every turn of that highway contains an excellent photo-op.
We never got to see the dunes in person though, but boy did I ever wish I had an ATV and some more time to do some riding when I passed through that section of Oregon. Did you do any ATVing on the dunes, or did you just look around?
Wegrit - I did not have the opportunity to talk to many locals. I spent most of my time in the car so I did a lot of bonding with my ipod instead.
Josh - I am afraid of ATVs/ORVs. I once rented to moped to tool around Victoria and returned it 20 minutes later because I was too scared to ride it. Maybe I had a bad experience in a past life?!?
It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm glad you posted some pics. It makes me want to go there myself.
Great Pics! What an awesome way to spend the weekend. :)
Post a Comment