Sunday, December 18, 2005

Just What the Doctor Ordered

Relaxation. It was the name of the game this weekend. I took Friday afternoon off and *almost* finished my Christmas shopping. I only need to find these elusive golf grips my dad wants and pick up some beads to make a necklace for k2. Friday night I curled up in my papasan chair to watch The Notebook. Two thumbs up!

Saturday was my monthly volunteer gig at habitat. It was freezing but thankfully dry and somewhat sunny. We built foundation forms for the last single-family house and then worked on framing on the 3rd floor of the six-plex. This Saturday was the 4-year anniversary for my crew – quite an accomplishment. I’m so lucky to have met such great people through habitat. I wish I could say that I am there every month because I love building and serving the community, but more often than not it is the thought of seeing my friends that gets me there early Saturday morning.

Again, Saturday night I did nothing but relax. This time with an ABC Family. Cheesy but cute movie.

Today I slept in (till 11:30!!), bummed around and then worked on my online (grad school) applications. One done, one left to review and click submit. Tonight I watched the Bears play on the big screen, also known as Max’s 42” High Def tv. I think I ate more today than in the last week. I feel like a fatty and quite sick to my stomach right now. I’m hydrating before bed and trying to promise myself that I’ll eat well this week. This will be a challenge considering how many leftover cookies there are from Friday’s work party and that I’ll be back in NY – home of the Christmas cookies - on Thursday. I have such a weakness for cookies!

I’m glad Grey’s Anatomy is a repeat tonight because I am exhausted and want to get to work early so I don’t feel bad leaving early to ski with Krissy (we are supposed to get some more snow tomorrow – yay!).

1 comment:

Cady said...

what a fun weekend! i love the relaxing ones. sometimes they're few and far between. heh.