Sunday, January 01, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Can two hot Hollywood hunks make me believe they are gay, conflicted and in love. In short, yes. Damn, what a good movie! While I think Jake Gyllenhaal did an exceptional job taking on the role of Jack – the movie belonged to Heath Ledger. Is this the same guy in 10 Things I Hate About You? In Four Feathers? Wow! He was incredible. It was a love story that made me laugh, and cry, and think about what love really is.

I’ve seen some really great movies recently but none compare to Brokeback Mountain. It really has left its impression on me, both the acting and the story. Without a doubt worth a $9 movie ticket and two hours of your time.

4 comments:

Spatch said...

I went to see Brokeback Mountain intending to enjoy the eye candy otherwise known as Jake Gyllenhaal and left the theater in tears, having completely forgotten my original mission, and spent several days thinking about how fucking brilliant an actor Heath Ledger was. The best love story I've see since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

k said...

I totally a Jake Gyllenhaal gal as well - but in addition to the incredible acting, Heath was damn hott!!

mer said...

oooh i can't wait to see this - everyone i know is loving it!

Mrs. Architect said...

Glad you liked it!! I don't know anyone who has seen it yet, but I definitely want to!!

Thanks for the review!!