Utah was great. I took plenty of pictures… on my dad’s camera so I won’t be able to post them until later in the week. Hopefully they will be worth the wait!
Friday we skied at Snowbird, which was great fun. It was warm and sunny, yet the snow didn’t turn to slush. Besides the line to get onto the tram, we never waited in a lift line. Only bad side to the whole day was the really hard fall I took, on the last run of course. It happened so fast that I don’t know quite what happened, but I was left with an indescribable pain just below my right knee (not my knee though – thankfully).
Friday night we drove into Salt Lake City and visited the Mormon Museum of Church History and Art and Temple Square. The museum was very informative, especially to us Catholics with a limited knowledge of the Mormon religion. I’m glad I got to visit Temple Square too – I think I would have felt cheated had I visited Salt Lake City yet not seen something so important to the history of the city. It was beautiful all lit up at night.
Saturday we skied at Alta, and I need to go back. I wasn’t on top of my game (I was a bit hesitant with my leg injury from the day before), it was INCREDIBLY windy and I was cold. Honestly, I was miserable and decided to quit pretty early in the afternoon. I spent a good hour drinking some of Utah’s finest microbrews and people-watching while my dad and brother continued to ski. So needless to say, I did not take full advantage of all Alta had to offer, therefore I will be back!!
It is nice to be home, but I am not looking forward to my first 5-day workweek in who knows how long. Right now I am feeling so lazy and can’t get myself up off the couch. Shell and the Texan are grabbing sushi just 2 blocks away but I can’t even be bothered to go and eat with them. I need to unpack, go grocery shopping, make some chili and get ready for work tomorrow, yet all I want to do is watch a movie!
Sunday, January 08, 2006
I’m baaaack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your ski trip sounds like fun! I want to go again! but am a bit hesitant since last time I went I tore my ACL - ow! Hope your knee feels better.
All I wanted to do tonight was watch a movie, too. I did watch a bit of the Duke b-ball game while organizing pics and papers (seems organizing is always on my to-do list), but no movie night :(
K- Alta is the best skiing I've ever done (none of those pesky snowboarders). I'm so envious! Here's hoping you get to go back soon and have a better time!
Laura – I totally understand, but I have a friend that tore her ACL (the first week she arrived in CO to be a ski bum!!) and I like her philosophy about it. Her doctor told her the new ligament is just as good as the old one so it is not like she is more likely to tear it again – she figures that the probability of it happening a second time is slim. She does wear her big titanium brace while skiing now though.
Chloe – I loved that there were no snowboarders there!!
Genius – I’m in! Next year I’ll see you at Vail!! (Sorry – no more vacay time this winter!!)
Oh I'm SO jealous!! Marc showed me his video from his ski trip to Breckenridge and now I am absolutley CRAVING to go skiing!
Yeah, that Supreme lift can be brutal. When you come up over the top of that big rise it is so cold it takes your breath away.
Come to Vail, and we'll all ski together, but you have to promise not to kick my booty.
Post a Comment