With the Turin Olympics winding down, I am starting to think about Vancouver and 2010. Tickets don’t go on sale until the fall of 2008, but I’ve already got my events picked out. I love freestyle skiing, both the moguls and the aerials and can’t wait to see them first hand! And maybe if my man, Bode, gets his act together and is back in 4 years – a little alpine action too.
Driving up to Whistler this year, it was amazing to see the improvements on the Sea to Sky Highway. So much has changed in just one year. The winding 2-lane road that tests your mental concentration and often is marked by white knuckle driving is now broken up by sections of roadway with passing lanes, wider turns and new pavement. And so much rock has been blasted away from the steep cliffs to accommodate it all. Being a roadway engineer and having a geologist sitting shotgun, the drive up was fascinating!
So let’s start the countdown, 4 years and counting…
Saturday, February 25, 2006
T-Minus 4 Years
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was just talking about Vancouver with friends tonight. That would be so awesome to go! But hard to make a definite plan 2 years in advance - whoa! - a lot could change. Still, I'd love to go . . let's hope my friends are still up for it when the time comes.
Wow, I'd love to go to the Vancouver games. I've never been to Whistler and I think it would be an awesome excuse!
Post a Comment