My friend has some new opportunities at work and was asking my opinion on what to do. Her ambition is to rule the world. When she said that I couldn’t help but think that I might be an underachiever. I am smart, motivated and have good leadership skills, yet “ruling the world” is certainly not what I aim to do with my life. The thought kept dogging me all night. This morning I read an email from my brother, in which he signed off “You can’t change the world, but you can make a dent.” It hit me. I aspire to change the world, or at least make a big dent. And I think that is a much more admirable ambition.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, that dent at least changes the shape! :-)
Here here! Dent away!
I agree with your brother. You have to reach for what you're able to acheive. Ruling the world is something very few of us possess the skill set to complete. Denting, however, is something everyone is capable of.
Happy denting!
Post a Comment