When I got home from church this afternoon, a feeling of loneliness overcame me. I could have called Laura, or Krissy, or Shell. But I didn’t. I was missing my family a bit and getting to spend Easter with them (not that they are all together… my parents’ are basking on a beach in the Caribbean). I didn’t feel like doing anything yet I felt completely worthless sitting around. I couldn’t bring myself to leave the house, but I ended up being productive inside, which greatly brightened my mood. I’ve come to realize that the contents of my large apartment, which I have lived in for 3 years and have been collecting “stuff” yet never purging anything in, is not going to fit in any apartment I will be able to afford next year. I cleaned out 2 closets and the junk drawer in my kitchen. I have a huge goodwill pile and made several trips out to the dumpsters. I still have a lot to sort through and part with, but I made a dent.
No complaints about the rest of the weekend. Shell came over on Friday and we watched a cute movie, Next Stop Wonderland. Saturday I managed to drag myself out of bed and go for a run. There is still hope for me yet! Despite the fact that it was pouring and I was running solo, I managed a slow 8 miles, but nonetheless, still 8 miles. And I didn’t even feel like I was going to die when I finished. Just as exciting, on a whim I tried on my favorite pair of jeans, the ones I haven’t been able to fit into since October. And they fit! Halleluiah! The Living Room Crawl was great fun – much less debauchery (on my part at least) than last weekend with the same crowd.
I’m not particularly looking forward to heading back to work already, but looking at the bright side, only 10 more Sunday nights left until I’m free!
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Sunday... *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I, too, have been thinking that when I move out soon (especially if it's to D.C.) I'm going to have to down-size big-time. Since I was only able to bring a small amount of what I own out to San Diego, I realized I don't need everything I have. It looks like I'll be doing some spring cleaning, too.
That's so exciting about your favorite jeans! I have a couple pair that don't fit well and one of my hopes in going home is that I'll get back into an exercise routine.
Sorry your Easter was lonely. It never feels right to not spend a holiday with family.
I totally feel for you on the whole missing family more during the holidays. I had a really similar experience this past Thanksgiving. I was the only one in my immediate and extended family not at my house; everyone called and I just got so sad. I'm glad your weekend was great. I can't wait to go home and make all my friends do the living room crawl. It can't get better than that. : )
Post a Comment