Friday, April 14, 2006

Swing Me!

Last night I went to my first East Coast Swing class. It was so much fun!! Once I figured out my right from my left (in my defense I am somewhat ambidextrous so I don’t have a dominate side), I was swinging with the best of them. I felt I learned so much in the first class and we have 7 more to go. I’ll be a pro by June!

After, we went over to Tangletown to have a beer and some appetizers. I wasn’t hungry but that didn’t stop me from shoveling the food in! (The Oasis Platter – to DIE for!)

I’m so glad we are back at the weekend again. Tonight I am going to relax with some wine and a movie. Saturday I am going to attempt an 8 mile run (the half-marathon is sneaking up on me) and participate in a “living room crawl” (think bar crawl but instead of hitting up bars, visiting friends’ apartments). Sunday I am going to a new church for Easter (somewhere that the priest won’t tell me I am not a Catholic if I don’t go to church EVERY week) and brunch with LP and her bf. And then I am considering hitting up the last day of skiing for the season. We are actually supposed to get more snow this weekend!

Whatever I do, I need to relax. I’ve been stressed out recently. Worrying about things there is no need to worry about. Tossing and turning at night. I only have 10 weeks left of work. I know I can make it; I just need to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

2 Things...

1. Jealous jealous jealous... I want to take swing lessons!

2. Living Room Crawl?? What a great idea! I'm am *so* stealing it!

:)

Katie said...

Hey, I totally love Swing Dancing! It is one of my favorite things to do right now. The ear doctor and I try to lindy at least once a week!