Sunday, April 23, 2006

Today, On a Scale of 1 to 10... 11

After I had another wonderful day frolicking in the sun, I tentatively checked out weather.com for the 10 day forecast. I am in summer mode and was hoping there wouldn’t be any rain on the horizon to damper my good mood. Nope – 10 days of sunshine in Seattle’s future. Sweet!

I woke up before the arse crack of dawn this morning to run the MtSiRelay. It was a total of 57 miles divided between 5 team members (unless you were crazy and ran the Ultra – either 50 miles or 50K- 31 miles, solo!). I ran well, especially considering the lack of training I’ve done this spring. I finished my first leg, 5.7 miles, in 53 minutes and my second, 4.1 miles, in 39 minutes. In the early morning it was freezing and foggy, but once the sun rose, and then broke through the clouds, it was just beautiful out. The next time I don’t want to run, I need to look back at this post. It felt so good to run close to 10 miles today and still feel powerful and not ready to die at the end. I felt in shape for the first time in over 6 months and it was wonderful! I even got a little color. Not quite so much a tan but I am not completely white anymore.

I wanted to hop into bed the second I got home, but after a shower and talking to my parents (hearing all about their tropical vacation – so jealous!), I had a second wind. I managed to hit up mass (the new church I tried out at Easter seems like a winner!) and also a bar in the U-District that has half off everything after 8 on Sundays. For $6 I had a Guinness and a tuna melt, you can’t beat it! Yum. But now, as the clock strikes 10, this girl needs to get into bed ASAP!

Only 9 Mondays to go! Not that I am counting.


2 comments:

L said...

That's it! I'm jogging tomorrow morning!

Not to give TMI, but last time I ran (a few days ago), it was Day 1 of the monthly, and I ended up in serious pain, lying in someone's yard! I about flagged an old couple down to ask for a ride home. Sucks to be a girl sometimes.

Glad to hear your run went well! Can't wait 'til I feel in shape again.

Courtney said...

Soooooooooo going jogging today!

Thanks for the inspiration!

In other news, HEY SEATTLE, STOP STEALING OUR SUNSHINE!!! I pay good money to live in California and if it rains or is seriously overcast for ONE MORE DAY here I'm gonna have some not so nice words with Mother Nature... I think California outrained Washington in March. That is so not right!