Monday, April 03, 2006

Work to Live, Not Live to Work

More than anything else at work I hate self-evaluations and performance reviews. I dread this time of year. We have the option of doing a self-evaluation in April (which of course you really should do despite the optional part), reviews with managers take place in May, the big-wigs meet to discuss raises and promotions in June, and it all takes effect on July 1st.

In my mind there really is not point to put me through the agony of the process because my last day of work will be June 27th. It is not public knowledge yet, but the head of my department, the head of HR, and my managers all know I am leaving. I don’t have any goals for my work in the upcoming year that they care about (well, they care, but in a different way). But I guess because of imminent departure, the whole thing will be a lot less painful.

I’m starting to have a hard time focusing at work. The end is in sight and I have so much to look forward to. Only 3 more months though, and considering how fast the last 3 passed, it will be here before I know it!

No comments: