Monday, May 08, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

No complaints about the weekend. It was rather relaxed, without leaving me feeling like I was a bum.

Krissy and I left mid-morning on Saturday for Vancouver. It was overcast and rainy. Downright dreary. After picking up our race packets and checking in to the hotel, we hit up Robson Street and started eating and shopping. All I really wanted to get out of the weekend was filling my belly with a delicious crepe and making a Goonies t at the “t-shirt store.” We had a hard time deciding between crepes and ending up splitting a spinach and feta crepe (yum) as well as a nutella and banana one (yum yum). Bellies content, we started shopping. In addition to my t-shirt (picture to come), I bought a funky wood and glass beaded necklace that I have been wearing ever since and a cute pair of leather embroidered ballet flats. We meet Krissy’s college friends, who were also running, for dinner at a delish little Mediterranean bistro and headed to bed early.


Even though I had adamantly said I wasn’t running, I relented a bit and decided that if it was not raining I would run. Sunday morning, 5:30 am – steady rain, so my running shoes stayed packed in my bag and I walked over to the start, solely to provide moral support for Krissy. When she returned, over 2 hours later, she was soaked to the bone and covered in goosebumps. After hearing about her run, I decided I made the right decision. I got lots of (much appreciated) sympathy last week when I was sick, but I don’t think it would have carried on this week, especially if I admitted that I spent over 2 hours in the rain and wind. I was disappointed that I didn’t get to run though. Of course, once back in Seattle the sun was out and the birds were chirping. Since I did have running clothes in my car, I stopped by GreenLake and did get a run in – although much shorter than the race. I was beat after the loop, but I was actually pretty impressed with my pace. I’m in race training mode so I think I’ll be ready to kick ass in the race coming up in June.

I wrapped up the weekend with the pseudo-date. Getting my creative juices flowing, I think we will refer to him as “Ivy League Cutie” – ILC. (I’ve been picking up the smarties recently!) Anywhoo… ILC came over around 7 – complete with a 6-pack (my kind of man). We watched the pilot as well as the first episode of TwinPeaks. I LOVE it so far! (note: I know it is 15 or so years old, but I had to do a double take of Lara Flynn Boyle. She looks soooo different – now she is half the size of back then!) He watches Grey’s Anatomy too, so he stuck around for that. (note: Chris O’Donnell is soooo cute!). One downside to the evening is that we didn’t get to talk much because we were watching a lot of tv. I had a good time though – and I think he did as well. I wouldn’t mind seeing him again. This is certainly putting the cart before the horse, but with my time limited in Seattle (7+ weeks) I worry about any sort of relationship starting up and then having to cool off when I leave, but he has an internship out in DC this summer so he’s in the same boat as me. The next few weeks are jammed packed anyway – so we shall see…

3 comments:

s said...

Love Chris O'Donnell too! Im glad your psuedo date went well. It is always nice to meet good people and have fun. I am also glad your feeling better. I can't wait until my finals are over and I actually have something to write about in my blog haha. Yay, for cute SMART dates.

wegrit said...

Sounds like you had a great time! And I'm glad you're feeling better.

Chris O'Donnell? I'm not sure I can really get into him with that 70s pornstache he's got going on. But I do like some Grey's Anatomy and I like that he's so charming. I'm also not sure how I feel about the Amazon George is dating now.

Also, if you haven't seen it, try to find a copy of Cameron Tuttle's first book in the Bad Girls series, which is The Bad Girl's Guide to the Open Road. It's really funny and often practical. It is my road bible!

k said...

Ooh, I do know what you mean about the "pornstache," but I'm not holding it against him.