Maybe it is just coincidence. Maybe I am just being a b*tch. But knowing him, it just seems fishy.
There is a guy at work that I really don’t like. There are many reasons why; he is incredibly sarcastic, judgmental, pompous, a huge gossip… I could go on and on. Not only do I find him completely and utterly annoying, I just don’t like him or his attitude. At all. And there are very few people out there who I feel that way about.
Today he is standing near my desk, chatting with me and another coworker and somehow throws into the conversation that IanMcFeron is playing Friday night (I don’t think we had even been talking about the weekend so it was like he purposely brought it up). I had been planning on going to the show, and even had a conversation about it earlier in the week with Max and SuperEngineer (who by the way, I swear Max is trying to set me up with now!). The conversation happened to be just a cube wall away from the disliked coworker, and I guarantee he was listening in (as I said he is a gossip; therefore nosy).
Seems sorta fishy that he is really excited to see one of my favorite local bands and acting as if he has liked them for some time now, yet I’ve never heard him talk about IanMcFeron or seen him at a show (and I’ve been to many).
Now I don’t know if I want to go. It is childish, but it is a small bar and I am sure he’ll be on the lookout for me. And I really don’t want to socialize with him outside of work because honestly, I would never be friends with someone like him. I talk to him at work because I have to. I don’t want to spend my Friday night with him. What to do, what to do?
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Coincidence or B*tchiness?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment