Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Couple of Dates and A Conclusion

So I had a 2nd and 3rd date with ILC this weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner, which was good. Both the food and the company. There was a wait so we sat outside for a bit, then at the bar with a bottle of wine, before actually sitting down to eat – meaning lots of time to talk. After dinner we headed back to his house and watched two more episodes of TwinPeaks. I know I could have gotten a goodnight kiss out of the deal, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted it. That is pretty much a sign that I am not feeling it, but I still decided to invite him to join Shell, her bf and I for an early dinner on Sunday. After we ate, we played around on the longboards, ILC helped me put the new fairing on my roof rack, and then watched two more TwinPeaks episodes. Again, he sorta moved in for the kiss and I totally blocked him. I’ve come to the realization that I don’t like him like that. Part of it is that I can’t separate him from BMG (they hung out several times this weekend, his phone number is up on the wipeboard at ILC’s place, he always seems to come up…) and part of it is I am just not feeling it with ILC. Shell said she could sense I was starting to feel that way.

ILC is leaving for DC in 4 weeks and I am going to be crazy busy (I already have plans every night this week and I’m booked this weekend) so hopefully it can just fizzle out without me ever having to actually say anything (gosh – I am so non-confrontational!). And I’ve certainly solidified my feelings for BMG. I do like him. I’m not going to do anything about it, but I am not going to deny it. Maybe in the fall things will be different. Maybe I’ll fall in love with some sexy Italian this summer and forget all about him. OK. Maybe not.

3 comments:

L said...

Well, it's good you realized this so soon. Then you can part with no hard feelings. I bet you WILL meet someone this summer!

s said...

i'm not going to lie since i just started reading your blog recently i had to do a search all blogs for BMG and then i found out about MCL so i had to search him too. it's a good thing i have no job right now haha. now, i am all up to date on the matters of BMG. i say keep being you cause you do it so great and whatever happens in europe with the hot men or at home with BMG or someone else it will be great :)

someone once told me, "just do you" and the rest will happen the way it's meant to be. i'm all for that

Courtney said...

I *KNEW* you liked him!!!!! :)