Friday, May 19, 2006

Giving In

I haven’t had a soda since before I was sick. April 26th to be exact. Yes folks, that is over 3 weeks. I broke down and drank one yesterday. Not because I needed the caffeine, but because I wanted one. I love d.coke and I am not ashamed to say it. I’m also not ashamed to say I can be very lazy. Prime example:

Me: “I am in the mood for a d.cherry coke, which is a bummer cuz I am gonna have to leave the building (they only sell d.coke in the little deli downstairs). Maybe they sell it at [insert name of other little deli across the street], I really don’t want to walk all the way to [insert name of big deli 3 blocks away].

Coworker (with just a hint of sarcasm): Yeah, what a bummer considering you ate lunch at your desk and it is absolutely beautiful outside.

Needless to say, I walked the couple of blocks to get the d.cherry coke. And it was beautiful outside.


And off topic, what the hell, Marissa dies?!?! Was everyone else as blindsided as I was last night?

No comments: