Thursday, May 11, 2006

Resignation

I turned in my letter of resignation today. I wasn’t a big deal – my boss, her boss, and her boss’ boss already knew I was leaving. I had my review, with all those bosses, just a few hours earlier. I feel relieved to have it done, all the same. 6 weeks left.

I think it is safe to say that pretty soon I am going to be completely overwhelmed by what I have to do in these next 6 weeks. We are swamped at work. I own way to much crap that needs to be packed and moved into storage. I need to take care of all the moving related and quitting my job related stuff. I have to register for classes. Forward my mail. Get my car checked up. Pack my car. Get new glasses. Go to the dentist… I could go on forever.

But, if I take a deep breath, make plenty of lists, and stay focused, I’ll be ok.

My best coworker friend, who has known I’m leaving for months, said it sunk in today and he is sad I’m going. He said he’ll need some tissues to wipe away the tears on my last day… awwww. It is nice to know I’ll be missed.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

yes... list list list!! Love em!