I finished up everything at work around noon today. After a tearful goodbye, I walked out on the sidewalk and took a deep breath, thinking "I'm free..." I still doesn't seem real, it probably won't until the middle of next week, like when I am on the road or something.
We went out to lunch yesterday and my coworkers wrote such kind words in my card. Not just that they would miss me and appreciated my work, but that they are excited for me to go on my new adventure, proud of me for making this decision, and that I MUST keep in touch. They also chipped in to get me a gift card for REI - perfect as there are a few things I need to get before I take off.
It is time to tighten the wallet as I am officially unemployed for the next 3 months. Thank goodness for dollar beers at happy hour tonight!
Friday, June 23, 2006
All Done
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congratulations on finishing up! cheers to the new adventure. i can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment