Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Box 'O Wine

I saw the coolest thing at Target last night. Shell ran up there with me last night and on the way she was telling me about the camping/kayaking trip she did up near the San Juans this weekend. A lot of alcohol was consumed, including some boxed wine. She now swears by it – being that it is a given that you are going to bring wine on a backpacking trip, and there is less packaging to pack out with boxed wine.

After picking up what we needed, we wandered the aisles of Target, eventually stumbling on Target’s selection of boxed wine – which is actually quite large. A step up from the old school franzia, there were numerous varieties – including red and white sangria, yum - and multiple sizes. And then I fell in love… Nestled among the boxes of wine were the cutest wine cozies ever! Think beer cozies, but in a square shape, complete with a handle and opening for the spout (I’ve been looking all over the internet for a picture, but I can’t remember the brand name for the life of me).

I was this close to buying myself both the cozie and the box ‘o wine for myself, but responsibility or reality (or something like that) set in and I remember that I own bottles and bottles of wine. Bottles of good wine that I am storing in the summer and saving for a special occasion. And bottles of cheap, yet yummy wine that I bought in “bulk” for my upcoming trip. Simply put, enough wine to last me a long, long time. But maybe when I am back in NY I’ll have to swing by Target with my mom, gush over how cute the cozies are, and convince her to buy me one… he he he, I’m so tricky!

4 comments:

s said...

box o wine brings me back to college days. i so want a cozi too!

L said...

I think I've seen wine cozies before! They are pretty cool. I'd be dropping the little hints to mom, too.

Cady said...

i've never seen wine coozies! i'd *love* one of those!!

s said...

what happened with bmg :)