Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Are You From Tennessee? Cuz You're The Only Ten I See.

(Umm yeah - witnessed the use of that pickup line on one of my roommates in college...)

I visited both Memphis and Nashville in Tennessee. Highlights of Memphis included Graceland, the National Civil Rights Museum and eating catfish while listening to live blues music on Beale Street.






Surprise, surprise. My favorite city of the trip was Nashville. I actually came home and looked up Vanderbilt's Civil program. If only I knew how much I would love Nashville sooner. I love listening to live music and I love country music - but we just don't have that combo in Seattle. I spent 3 hours alone (ok, not true - I made some friends and got some free drinks) in one bar listening to a band play. I also loved the area I stayed in, up near Vanderbilt. Still in the city but in such a cute neighborhood. I'll certainly be back!! Besides downing Bud Lights and treating my ears to some fine music, I also visited the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Ryman Auditorium and wandered around lower Broadway.



3 comments:

Cady said...

i've wanted to go to memphis and nashville. i spent a little bit of time in nashville once (ate at the spaghetti factory and went to nashville public radio), but didn't get to really see anything.

Courtney said...

The more I think about it the more I think traveling alone seems like a ferat idea! You totally get to be on your own schedule and you get to go to all the places that YOU want to go to. I love it!

Courtney said...

hmmm ferat = great. I hope you got that. :)