The Grand Canyon was the main attraction of this trip, other destinations fell into place when I was figuring how to get to and from there. Mother Nature tried to twart my visit with a forest fire closing off the North Rim of the canyon. She could not deter me though, instead I headed to the South Rim.
I have to admit that I was a bit underwhelmed by the Grand Canyon. The visibility wasn't all the great (due to the fire?), there were crazy crowds (it was 4th of July weekend) and I felt like it was too big for me to even grasp it all. I did manage to find some solitude though, and those were the moments I enjoyed the most.
I trekked a couple of miles down the Bright Angel Trail, which leads to the Colorado River. Once I made it past the families with small children and novice hikers in flip flops, I began to run into those who were returning from backpacking trips along the river. I spent time chatting with a few groups, and yup - sign me up!




4 comments:
love,love all the pictures you sent!
I *love* that last shot of the boot and spur...I have a fascination with working cowboys. It's the chaps!
Is that you in the Grand Canyon Pic!!?? So cute!!
those are fabulous pictures. i love the grand canyon. we went a ways down the bright angel trail when we were there too.
Post a Comment