Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hola!

Well, after my adventure getting to Barcelona, things have calmed down. I loved BarceloƱa! My hostel was right in the center of the action and I slept in a room with a great bunch of girls. The social atmosphere was great, people wanted to get out there and experience Barcelona but not stumbling in drunk every night. La Sagrada Familia was absolutely amazing! I can´t even begin to imagine what the plans for the building look like! And then the beach! Ok, so it was a bit like the Jersey Shore, but it was the Mediterrian, so of course so much cooler! With it being so hot and the water being so nice, it was a lifesaver.

I took my first train ride, a night train none the less, into Madrid on Monday night. Madrid is nice, but there is not as much to ¨see¨ here. I´ve been wandering around the city though and visited the Prado Museum, where they were nice enough to direct you to the famuos stuff insted of making you wander through 7000 pieces of art looking for it, and the Royal Palace which was just as lavish as a royal palace should be.

I bought a pair of Real Madrid underwear today because I couldn´t (or wouldn´t) afford a jersey. They serve as #1 a souvenir and #a way to extend the time between laundry! I would have liked a lifesize poster of Beckham, but I couldn´t fit it in my bag!

Tomorrow I am taking a day trip to Toledo and then I leave Friday afternoon for Paris. I am excited to meet up with my friend there. Traveling alone is great when you are staying at a social hostel. But when you aren´t (like here in Madrid), it can get a little lonely. Thankfully though, a lot of the upcoming hostels have bars in them, a sure fire way to meet other travellers.

Adios!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Undies! What a fun souvenir! :)

wegrit said...

I bet you'd have found a way to fit the ACTUAL Beckham in your bag though! (Though really, what straight girl wouldn't???) Sounds like you're having a great time!

Cady said...

sounds like you're having a great trip! that is a cool souvenir!!