CBFC and I have been doing a lot of it lately. Mainly via text message. We had a good long session Tuesday afternoon. Me in my office, him 2 buildings down in the library. I don't get it why guys just can't come on out and ask straight forward questions. He asks what I am doing after class. I say I have no plans and ask what he is doing. He says that he is getting some dinner and studying for the midterm we have (had) tomorrow (this morning). I have to ask "is that an invitation to join you?" He said of course. We had yummy gyros, talked, and studied some. It was good. I'm smiling thinking about it.
Today I ran into him in the hall after our exam. We chatted for a good while just standing in the hall. He was leaving to go do some research for a paper and I was going to get lunch with a friend. But he said he'd let me know when he was back in our building. He only came back to see me I think. He walked from the Ave to pick me up and then walk back to the Ave to grab a beer with me before going home. He just texted me again tonight... Asking how my run and ANTM was. Telling me the Sonics won (he went to the game). And then happened to throw in that he heard "that dicaprio movie is supposed to be good. we'll have to check it out." Again, why doesn't he actually ASK me to the movies. I said I definitely want to go, so now that ball is in his court.
So those are the details. Now on to the feelings. I'm having a lot of fun. I haven't had the opportunity to flirt like this in a long time, and flirting is so much fun. I think that maybe the crush is moving past the crushing stage into the potentially liking stage, which is a little scary. I feel insecure, which I totally hate - I am supposed to ALWAYS be confident and in control, that is how I do things. But I worry that I move onto actually liking him and what if he doesn't reciprocate. I know it sounds silly. I related all the details to my roommates S and B and they gave me the male prospective - yeah he digs you. But I can't help but second guess it. I hate getting disappointed. I just hope he lets his intentions be known soon so I can figure out what is happening in my own head. Even though they haven't been actual dates, we have hung out socially, outside of a classroom 4 times. I normally find something "wrong" with a guy after 2, maybe 3 dates. Well, all I got on CBFC is that he is short. Like maybe shorter than me short. But I'm ok with it. I just hope he is ok with it. He's jacked, which always helps (and provides motivation to get my jiggly arse in shape!).
Totally rambling now...
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Flirting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yay! just go with it and remember- you are totally an amazing girl, funny, smart, and hot and any guy would be lucky to even go on one date with you.. that's my mantra. i repeat it often when i'm feeling insecure. he wouldn't bother with all the text messaging if he wasn't interested.
and the movie is so good!! i didn't realize what a really good actor dicaprio is. so go see it and kiss the boy.
You are definitely having better luck than I am. My crush works a real people job with real people hours, there's no great music scene here and he leaves like every weekend to go see some people. He's making it VERY difficult to even get to know him better, nevermind hang out with him in some sort of interested way.
It all sounds so cute and fun. But it gets old when they can't be straight forward - I hate that! I am convinced that someday I will meet someone who won't beat around the bush, it just might be awhile. I can't wait to hear about the next time you two hang out!
YAY!!! I'm with S. Go see the movie and kiss him kiss him kiss him!
And "jiggly". Hee hee. That word has always sounded so silly to me.
Post a Comment