I was trying to figure out a way to initiate a social interaction with the Cute Boy From Class. We sit next to each other EVERY single day in class and talk before and after, and sometimes write little notes in the middle of, class. I decided today that after our seminar I’d ask if he already had lunch, and if not if he wanted to go to the ave with me to get something to eat. Then he walked into class with a killer hangover. It was actually pretty funny because he could barely talk and reeked of alcohol. I could tell he was eyeing my water bottle so when we switched speakers I asked if he wanted some water. Graciously he said yes and proceeded to chug the remainder of water in my nalgene. I wasn’t sure if he even wanted to eat lunch, but he said sure and we headed to a micro brewery just a few blocks from campus. There we just happened to run into two other guys from our class, who ran into two guys they used to work with. We all talked for a bit and then CBFC and I went off on our own little conversation. It basically resulted in a lot of tentative plans… going to see The Departed, watching Apple Cup (UW vs WSU) with him at a Cougs bar, coming over to watch Zoolander at his place, going to see Ian McFeron tonight…
He just sent me a text saying the food (and more beer) helped him recover and for me to give him a call if I am going to the show. I am torn because I want to go to the show but I am tired and I want to hang with him but I am tired. My room is a mess and I am spending the whole day volunteering tomorrow (meaning I have to get up early and do physical labor all day). I’m taking a nap now and hopefully I’ll have a clearer idea of what I want to do when I wake up. Regardless, I was successful in taking our in the classroom friendship to a new level.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Mission Accomplished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yess! good for you it's always hard to figure out how to take things outside of just the normal class convo. i hope you took a nap and then hung out with him.
Post a Comment