I woke up this morning, not really looking forward to a run, but because the sun was actually shining I was at least motivated to pull on my running tights and sports bra. I ate a quick breakfast and was finishing up a chapter in my book while waiting for the food to digest a bit. Then the door bell rang and the water company rep informed me that that was a leak in the main outside our house, therefore they turned off our water until it could be fixed. I'm sure a look a panic crossed my face. I quickly assessed the situation and asked if they could turn it back on for at least 5 minutes so I could hop in the shower. No run, but at least I was able to take a quick shower and wash my hair, which I hadn't done in days.
Then, arriving at the bus stop (after a 15 minute walk to get there) I realized that my student id - which is also my bus pass - fell out of my back pocket. I alternated between cursing and praying to St Anthony, and found the id about 2/3s of the way back to my house. And then still had to walk back to the bus stop, where I just missed a bus and had to wait another 15 minutes for the next one.
After all that I get to school, but still have to walk to my office, and it has started to sprinkle. Yes, I live in Seattle. Yes, it has been raining nonstop the past 2 weeks. But yes, for some reason I decided I'd wear my down coat with no hood today. My hair - that I had used my unused running time to actually make look pretty - is all wilted now.
Ahhh, life...
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
One of Those Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment