Friday, December 22, 2006

Bad Karma or What

I feel like it is getting to the point where flying is no longer convenient. They charge us an arm and a leg to get from Point A to Point B and then put us through hell along the way.

I thankfully wasn't traveling through Denver, but Chicago was no fun either. My flight out of Seattle was delayed 2 hours, which was fine as I had a 4 hour layover in Chicago. When I arrived there though every since flight on the board was delayed or cancelled (I wish I had taken a picture of it). They kept pushing back my 6:50 flight and we eventually got on a plane at about 11:30. But then we still didn't take off for over an hour because the gate agent was extremely anal and not at all in the holiday spirit. There were 4 infants on mothers' lap and only 3 extra life vests (because if we made a soft landing into Lake Erie and didn't develop a case a hypothermia landing in frigid waters, we might need that extra lifevest for that infant which would probably float right through the armhole anyway). Basically the gate agent had to bully a passenger off (not anyone with a baby though - hmm) so we could leave, but before that he had to argue with the flight attendant and pilot, count us all a billion times, and double check our names. We landed in good ole upstate NY at 2:40 am, where we discovered that they only loaded half the planes luggage. I had to wait in line while the one person still working that late at night filed all the lost luggage claims. My bro (God bless him, gotta love him for getting me and not losing his cool once!) and I still had an hour+ drive home. We walked in the door at 5am this morning. If you do the math, I could have driven home from Chicago in less time (with my bags).

Bags still haven't surfaced this morning. I'm batting .500 when it comes to luggage at Christmas - this is the 3rd time in 6 years that they have lost my bags on the way home. Is the hassle even worth it? Maybe I should just stay in Seattle next year?

Nah, I guess it is worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not such a fun trip, but i hope you enjoy your holiday sans the bags. i'm sure they will reappear in just enough time for your flight back to seattle. it always works out like that. merry christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry your trip sucked. I never have good luck flying home either. But this year is a solo (sort of) Texas experience. Hope you have a wonderful time in New York!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ugh - What a nightmare!