I knew The Boy and I had to have a talk. But I was scared. I went over Monday night but couldn't say anything outright. Instead I picked a fight and he called me out on it - "Are you mad about this specifically? Or is there more?" Then it all came out.
I told him how unhappy I was. That I was so insecure in our relationship because he never said how he felt. That I analyzed every little action to give me some little clue. That I hadn't been myself in weeks but instead this needy, emotional, demanding girl.
Two hours later. After many tears, a couple of "fck you"s, coat on, coat off, hand on the door... I know exactly where we stand. The Boy was completely honest with me. I know what more he'd like out of this relationship. He knows what more I'd like. And more than that, we know what exactly what we have to do to make this work.
It was a tough evening, but worth it in the end
Thursday, January 18, 2007
The Talk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats! That crap is hard but so necessary!
good post!
:) communication is so key! It sounds trite - but it will make or break a relationship.
Post a Comment