Although I can't really tell you with what.
I did head up to the mountains twice this week. On Tuesday, Krissy and I went up to volunteer with some disadvantaged kids who were learning to snowboard. And we decided to give snowboarding a try ourselves. Oh. My. Gosh. I am so sore! And I never even made it off the magic carpet! It was fun though and I'd love to take another lesson! We decided to redeem ourselves and hit the slopes, this time on skis, the next night. Unfortunately, we've been lacking in precipitation in the Pacific Northwest over the past few weeks and we had to avoid rocks, dirt and baby trees. Fingers crossed for more snow soon!
Over the past few weeks I have been making good on my promise to workout on a regular basis. But still all my pants seem tight. Tighter than they were before I started working out. My frustration just sorta slipped out when talking to The Boy last weekend (who I don't know if I've mentioned before is probably one of the buffest guys I know - definitely the buffest guy I've even gotten naked with). He told me that he could see results from my hard work, which is actually a big deal considering he sees me everyday so isn't as likely to see change as someone who only sees me only every so often. Then yesterday he could tell I was down in the dumps and when he asked what I blurted out that the scale said I weighed 5 more pounds than last week! He gave me the whole muscle weighs more than fat spiel - and I promptly told him to shove it! He ignored my snarky attitude and reminded me not to focus on the numbers on the scale and to just set goals not associated with weight. And that he can't wait till I can fit back into my spanky running shorts!
Then of course today I bail on the gym (to write in my blog - can't do it at home because our internet is down AGAIN. Hello - learn to pay the bills on time!). And hit up the vending machine for some gummy bears. Ughh! 6 miles tomorrow I promise!
** I get on The Boy for not showing me that he cares about me enough - but I guess I need to think outside the box when it comes down to it. His words of encouragement show that he cares. The fact that he spent an hour, when he is crazy busy himself, editing the essay I wrote for a conference I'd like to attend shows that he cares. I have to remember that we don't all show our feelings in the same way.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Aughhhh - so busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes we forget the little things.. sometimes its the little things that count... But Big things never hurt anyone... does this even make sense lol..
Post a Comment