The week has been good. I had a lot of assignments due early in the week, but by Wednesday afternoon it was smooth sailing. I got back my first stat test, the one I was certain I didn't do too hot on, only to learn that I aced it! Sweet! After class I hit the gym with a friend from school. Running on an indoor track can be painfully boring, so it was so nice to have someone to gab away with while running round and round and round. After the gym, I met Krissy at RoadRunner to buy myself my new birthday sneakers (compliments of mom and dad):
Thursday I finished and turned in my application to study abroad in Denmark. Now all I can do it wait. *fingers crossed* That evening was Girls' Movie Club. We had mexican and saw The Queen, which was okay. I guess I just wondered how accurately portrayed Queen Elizabeth's thought process (leading to her action) was? And come on now, do you expect me to believe that she is allowed to drive around in a land rover by herself, with no bodyguards??? Helen Mirren did do a phenominal job though.
Friday flew by, until The Boy and I got into a fight in the hall. We were talking at a low volume, but the tension in the air was evident and eventually I just had to bail because I could not handle fighting in a public place anymore. Or just fighting in general. I spent the entire evening upset, by myself, wondering why he didn't call. The Boy finally did call after 9 and he had just gotten home from school. I ended up going over. We didn't discuss the fight but there still was some tension. I worked on my new puzzle while he massaged my sore shoulder, and suddenly things were all better. We had a great talk before falling asleep.
Today was productive yet restful. I watched a Nova bball game with some friends and finally got around to downsizing storage units - saving me $25 a month. I cleaned up my room (an ongoing process) and watched 2 episodes of 90210 before finally cracking a book. Tonight Laura and I went out for a birthday dinner. It was great to just talk. She told me they ultimately decided to have just 4 attendants each for her wedding, but that she really did want me to be a bridesmaid. I told her that it was great and I was honored to know that she wanted me to be a part of her wedding, but that honestly it was a relief not to be just because of the costs associated with being a bridesmaid (and the fact that I don't have a job). The Boy denied me a sleepover tonight, which I am a little disappointed about. I know I spent the night last night, but I only have the weekends - I agreed not to have sleepovers during the week because he has a hard time getting a full night sleep when he has to share the bed. I know it doesn't mean that much to him, but getting to spend the night with him does mean a lot to me. After midterms are over, he better make it up to me, with a make-up weekday sleepover!!
Tomorrow - a 7 mile run, studying, half of the superbowl, and more studying. Aren't you jealous!
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Good
Labels:
life or something like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love your life! and your writing. The shoes are awesome, plus it's so important to get new shoes when you run so frequently. So it's more like a necessity, not an indulgence :)
I also HATE fighting in public places and fighting in general. HATE IT!!!
Good luck on your run, and with the studying (and way to go on the stats, I hate stats!!)
xoxo
i hate fighting too. anywhere. i just hate it. blah. i love those shoes, btw!
Oops. Screwed up the comment above . . .
Good luck on your run! I think 7 miles is a really mental distance. It just SEEMS so far. You will do great!
I know what you mean about sleeping with someone. The best part about hanging out with CB lately is the sleepovers. Boys are so nice to snuggle up with.
Good luck with your studying. I really should be too. . . ugh. I don't wanna.
i hate public fighting and fighting in general is so draining. love the new kicks and i really need to get myself to the gym, but i can't drag myself out of bed at 6 am and that's the only time it would fit into my schedule.
Post a Comment