Wednesday, March 07, 2007

lazy weekend

Surprisingly enough, the last weekend before finals was rather relaxing.

Thursday was Girls Movie Club – it was just a small gathering and we watched the recent Oscar winner (foreign film) The Lives of Others. It was good, it was sad. But I have to say that I didn’t exactly find it gripping. Crazy to think though that this went on within our lifetime.

Friday I made it downtown for the first time in ages! I picked up some new makeup at Nordstrom and conditioner at my hair salon before meeting Laura for dinner. We then met up with Shell, who bought me a super cute pair of Vans (slip-ons, black with dark pink, light pink, and white polka dots) as a belated Christmas/birthday gift. We went to another movie, this time a bit more light-hearted: Because I Said So. So… I didn’t have any super high expectations, and it still sorts sucked. I thought Diane Keaton was soooo annoying. At one point I just wanted to slap her to get her to shut up. I thought Mandy Moore looked so cute though – I love her!!

Saturday I had an early soccer game on a soggy, muddy field. We lost – boo! I then headed over to a new sports bar in my old neighborhood (which served PBR tallboys wrapped in a paperbag – sweet! I love PBR!) to watch the Villanova/Syracuse game. As always, they tried to throw it away in the last few minutes, but thankfully managed to hang on for the win. I stopped by a local crafts store to pick up some card-making supplies and then napped away the afternoon – so enjoyable. The Boy and I celebrated a belated Valentine’s Day dinner at McCormick&Schmicks. It was so yummy – we ended up sharing breaded cajun catfish and dungeness crab stuffed salmon. Stuffed, we came home and watched My Cousin Vinny, which I have to admit I’ve never seen before. Unlike last weekend’s attempt at a movie, where I fell asleep 10 minutes into The Departed, I actually watched the whole thing, before falling asleep during SouthPark.

Sunday I did, unfortunately, spend the entire day at school, but the work I did put me in a pretty good position for the rest of the week. I’m taking it pretty easy while everyone else is slaving away.

The goal for the rest of the week is to finish my policy paper and do some work on my research so I don’t have to do a thing over the weekend. Just the thought of that is heaven!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend - I could use on of those. But Valentine's Day in March?? Silly-ness! :)