Sunday
We've been talking about it for weeks. Sunday The Boy and I finally visited The Bodies. I was a bit worried that I would be grossed out, but it is so fascinating that there is no time to be grossed out. Actually, I often had to remind myself that these were real bodies. It was just amazing. I can't believe all that is inside of me! My favorite parts: the blood vessels - with the dye they used, it looked like they were glowing under a blacklight; the fetus room - we were all that small once... fascinating!; the muscles - seeing what all my hard work in the gym is focused on.
Monday
A young woman was murdered on campus. I cannot imagine what it would be to live in such fear as she did in the months before her death. I was shocked how little it has been discussed around campus; there was not even a campus wide email until Tuesday afternoon. I guess that is one of the differences between a 40,000 student campus and a 6,000 student (Catholic) campus.
Tuesday
After a tiff Monday night because I was feeling like The Boy wasn't giving me his full attention during the little time we spend together, I stopped over in the morning and then again in the afternoon for some quality time and fun in the bedroom. While the sex was great... the best part was that The Boy was in a cuddling mood (which NEVER seems to be the case). I actually was late for a running date because as I turned to get out of bed, he pulled me closer and wouldn't let me get up. *sigh* I had a fantastic run with Shell and Krissy. It was out first outing of the year at Disco Park (too wooded to run during the dark winter months), but surprisingly we powered up hills like it was September. I was exhausted by the end but felt so satisfied with the workout. Shell and I decided to go grab a beer (can't be totally healthy now can we?). After getting stuck in backups due to both the Ballard and Fremont Bridges being up for boats, we settled on The Nickerson were we shared the most delish mediterrian platter - pita, hummus, feta, chicken and olives. Yum!
The week started well. Now I'm looking forward to Friday and forecast of 70 degrees and sunshine. And our first house bbq of the season. Yay!
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...
Labels:
friends,
life,
The Boy,
working out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been contemplating going to The Bodies exhibit. My boyfriend has been wanting to go for awhile, but at first I said no. It really creeps me out to think that they are REAL dead bodies. But my boss went a few weeks ago and said it was really cool...and after reading your review that you actually forgot the bodies were real, well now I'm considering going. The baby part sounds really cool...it's so hard to imagine such tiny little babies...
Post a Comment