Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tired... Yet Toned

I had two midterms this week and I am totally burnt out from studying. Thankfully I can sleep in tomorrow - nothing to do till 1:30! And we have classes cancelled on Friday for Open House, yet I don't have to volunteer until Saturday so I have the whole day to catch up on my research - of course that means I need to be at school on Saturday but it is *supposed* to be sunny, whatever that means here in Seattle.

This quarter I am taking a class, Total Toning, at the gym here on campus. $30 for 16 classes (twice a week for 8 weeks). It is awesome. We do a total body toning workout, circuit style so we even get a bit of a cardio workout. We use benches (steps), dumbells, body bars and resistance bands. It is tough but worth it. My bum and outer thighs, along with right bicep (why only one?), are sore after yesterday's class. By the end of the quarter I am certain I am going to have rocking arms and a perky tush! Despite the soreness I still managed to run over 3 miles today at a decent clip. It is amazing how much easier a run can be when you have someone to gab with! Only 12 weeks to the half marathon so I gotta get my running on! I dropped another pound too - slowly but surely I'll reach more goal. Only 7 more pounds to go.

OK, time to kick off that marathon sleeping session NOW!

No comments: