Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stubborn

The Background:
I have never met anyone as stubborn as The Boy (ok, well my brother ranks right up there too). When he sets his mind on something, there is no turning back. And the more you push, the more he pushes back.

We have a little deal... regardless of how busy or tired or untalkative he is, he calls every night - even if it is just to talk for a few minutes. Sometimes the conversation is less than 60 seconds, but it means a lot to me - especially if I haven't seen him in a few days. He bitches about it, but he does call every night.

The Story:
The Boy and I were enjoying the sun this afternoon and as we were parting ways to head to class, he says to me "ok, this is our good night phone talk, alright?" I agreed because I know Wednesdays are tough for him, he has class until late and then all he wants to do is eat and sleep. Of course I walked away saying "if you have the urge to call, you know the number..." But I certainly never expected him to call, because - once again, he is stubborn.

The goodnight text was sweet. But imagine my surprise when the phone rang minutes later! Ha! I win!

I'm not sure if he called because he really does enjoy our nightly ritual, or because he knows how much it means to me. I'm happy with either...

5 comments:

Cady said...

awww...that's so sweet! that's a great ritual. and guys never seem to be able to say no to us. :)

Liz said...

Whatever the reason he called, it's great that he did call! You know they care when they put you first!

L said...

Good! He SHOULD call. He should want to call EVERY night because you're awesome!! :)

Courtney said...

Aww. Cuteness!

wegrit said...

Yay small victories!