June 2007 was the suckiest month of my life.
I dreaded it's arrival and the departure of my boyfriend. I moped around when I finally got here, unmotivated to do anything but feel sorry for myself. I wasn't myself, perhaps bordering on depression, once The Boy did leave. Visiting him this weekend was the one shining moment of the month (although he is living with his parents right now which meant no alone time!).
But the true reward was this morning, when I awoke with a new, fresh attitude; happier than I'd been in longer than I can remember. I'm on a high and in no rush to come back down.
So... let's just pretend June never happened, ok?
(Eastern Washington - kinda pretty 'eh?)
1 comment:
Wow, very pretty! I want to visit Washington so badly! How exciting that you were able to visit him. Had you ever spent time in Eastern WA before?
That pasta looks so delicious. I am really wanting to eat more fresh veggies and fruits lately. I hate spending money on food but this is my health we're talking about! Plus I just injured myself and won't be able to exercise for awhile so cutting back on calories is a must!
Way to go on your half marathon. That's frustrating, though, to look back and know you could've done better. But you'll have another chance soon.
When I was reading your thoughts about work and PhD, at first I was thinking "Do the PhD!" but then I changed my mind when I read your thoughts on work. I can see why you're so torn!
Post a Comment