Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm baaaaack!

I've actually wanted to get back into blogging for quite a while, but I've been so busy and there has been no time. Still no time, but that probably won't change so I might as well get started.

Things are better. Not great, but better. I feel good some days, but bad some others. It is amazing how fast my mood can change. It is amazing how I can let one man affect me so much. It is amazing how a confident girl can feel so insecure. But here I am, over 2 months later, about 10 pounds lighter, and *almost* better. There is still a lot of hurt and anger, and yes, I miss The Boy like crazy, but I realize (most of the time) that I am better off without him. That if he couldn't love me, it was his problem and not mine. That he didn't deserve my love. That I deserve someone, something better. Granted, I have to keep telling myself this over and over, but it is a start.

The last month has been crazy busy: trips to New England and North Dakota, camping in the snow at Rainier, a half marathon (6+ minutes faster than the last one!), back to school. Lots more coming up: Hawaii, New York twice, planning for Peru, more school. Even though I feel like I am going crazy half the time, it keeps my mind off all the negative thoughts.

But I am back, maybe a bit more jaded and less trusting, but still optimistic that life will treat me well if I take advantage that all that is placed in front of me. And what I've learned is that I have amazing friends who will always be there for me (even when they have heard me cry over the same thing day after day after day!).

8 comments:

as Always said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back and I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat better. Unfortunately the best medicine is time...

It sounds like you have so much going on! I'm jealous of all the traveling!

And congrats on the half!

Katie said...

Hooray! You're back.

I knew it would be soon.

The only way I ever got over someone I really loved was time and distance. However, in the end, I've become friends with all of them.

L said...

I'm so glad you're back! You really have been keeping busy. That's good. Totally normal that you're still sad and hurting from the boy. I learned there's no timetable for fully recovering from a breakup. But it's great that you recognize you're better without him - it's one of the first steps. :) I'm excited to hear more about your upcoming adventures!

s said...

yay! i am so happy you are back. i'm glad things are looking up for you! you have so much to look forward to in the next few months. i think i agree with everyone time heals all and it takes alot more time than we expect at first. congrats on the half! go you!

wegrit said...

Welcome back! I've missed you.

Courtney said...

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been MISSED!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I missed your posts and I'm happy to read of your progress. :)

Jenni said...

Welcome back! :)