Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just the Facts (some of which are a little fuzzy)

BMG and I went to a Halloween party together on Saturday.

We drank loads of cheap beer and played game after game of flip-cup (meaning we were toasted).

We walked 20 blocks home. During which time we decided to hold hands (not sure how this came about… I was drunk… but I am willing to bet I was the aggressor).

I fell down (again, don’t really know how, I just know it hurts and I have the bruises and scrapes to prove it).

I started crying as BMG helped me up.

We finally make it home and decide that BMG should sleep in my bed instead of on the couch.

Once in bed I start crying again - about my boo-boos and about The Boy. Actually, I think sobbing about The Boy would be more accurate.

In the midst of the crying, I decide that BMG and I should make out.

I essentially molest him. He lets me for a little bit but then realizes that this will only cause trouble and has to fend me off.

I cry more about The Boy while BMG holds me tight and tells me everything is going to be okay.

I eventually cry myself to sleep while BMG continues to comfort me.


So… ummm, yeah… That was so awkward and so embarrassing. And did I mention that somewhere in the middle of all this I told BMG that I used to totally crush on him.

He is cool enough of a guy though that we are all good, I think. He probably only thinks I am half psycho. I sent a long apologetic email and asked if he still wanted to do dinner this week as planned. He wrote back, telling me not to worry, and then also called last night to make definite plans.

Moral of the story: cheap beer, drinking games, broken hearts, and old crushes do not mix.

8 comments:

chloe said...

That is rad. I'm so sorry, but was the making out good? Just kidding.

k said...

I think maybe :)

And for the record - I am not crushing on him again!

Scout said...

welcome back! i had stopped checking but today stopped by.. hope all is good, as good as it can be at this point :)
have fun traveling.

as Always said...

Are we living in parallel universes? That night pretty much sounds exactly like my birthday night. Same feelings of uhhh drunk me accidently started to deal with feelings sober me has been covering up. Oh wait while I'm drunk lets distract ourselves with a new boy. Oh wait now sober me has to clean up the weirdness that drunk me caused!

Boy oh boy do I feel your pain! :)

If you're ever in Florida we could be total lushes together!

brandy said...

Oh lady! I relate to this. I find that when I'm crying about one boy while making out with another, I have a split second where I think, "I'm glad I'm drunk because maybe I will not remember this. I'm already sort of embarrassed for the morning and that's never good". And of course, because I've thought that, I always remember WHY I feel awkward in the morning. And yes, this has happened more than once. But less than three times. And if it's less than three times, it's like it almost NEVER happened. Okay, I need to stop justifying this behavior.

Courtney said...

Ooh Noo! Well, it made for an interesting Halloween. No? Thank goodness BMG is a cool guy. I'm sure you'll look back on this someday and laugh. For now, *blush*!

Katie said...

Goo! At least it makes for interesting posts, right? BMG seems really nice and cool.

wegrit said...

This is really funny. Because it's something I would do and then wake up the next day, immediately remember it and think "oh no..." So it's not haha funny, more sympathy funny. Glad to hear that he's such a stand-up guy that he hasn't let a night of drunkenness ruin your friendship!