But only limited amounts of time. It is nice to relax here. I don't have a car and my cell phone doesn't get reception. I actually spent a decent amount of time doing school work today. I have to really crack the books tomorrow though. You'd think the anticipation of a pay raise once I complete my masters would provide me incentive to get this damn thesis done, but obviously not.
I've spent a lot of time with my nephew. I think he might be the smartest little boy in the world. Seriously. I also saw my bff's new baby. She might be the cutest baby in the world. Seriously. I've been eating like I have a tape worm and I must have gained 10 pounds in the last 4 days. Seriously.
Most of this trip has been spent in my sweats, watching movies or sleeping, so there isn't all that much to report. I'm not looking forward to getting back to Seattle because the week is going to be crazy. In addition to all my school obligations, I need to plan, shop for, and clean for my annual holiday wine party. I am not looking forward to the party lead up, but it will be worth it when, with wine in hand, I am ushering in the holiday season (and collecting donations for a worthy cause) with all my friends.
OK, signing off from NY before I blog you into boredom...
(Oh, and I have another hate to add to the list: group project, specifically when your group sucks! 5 people in the group, only 2 doing the work (me being one of those 2) - so not cool! I'm sick of hearing how people are really busy. I am busy too, yet I specifically make time to work on the project because, hello, it has to be done people!! Ugh!)
Sunday, November 25, 2007
I *heart* New York
Labels:
all in the family,
friends,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a really good time in New York. Relaxing vacations are so under-rated sometimes! Sweats, movies, and sleeping sound like a great way to spend several days! :)
I am debating having a holiday party myself, but I'm not sure I can muster up the energy to clean (yet again) for company.
Post a Comment