We tried to break in our season passes this weekend. The last two times I went skiing with Laura and Max at the Summit we've been thwarted by the weather - never even making it out of the city - and then later, a 50 car pile up which left us stuck 5 miles from the hill. This time though, bringing Boston along, we made it all the way to the hill and got all geared up. On our walk to the lift, we saw an amazing blue flash across a power line followed by a large POP!!! We were about 100 yds from the power line. After the initial shock, we noticed all the lifts had stopped moving....not a good sign. It turned out to be a blown transformer and our ski trip (we really shouldn't be calling it a ski trip, but more of an weekend drive) was cut short. We did manage to make our way back to Seattle and enjoy beer and burgers (and football) before noon. The snow is supposed to keep coming all week, so fingers crossed that I'll get to go at least once before I head back to NY for Christmas!
UPDATE: Wednesday night skiing - here I come!
Monday, December 17, 2007
First Ski Outing of the Season (Kind of)
Labels:
I *heart* Seattle,
skiing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have already missed TWO awesome ski weekends in Tahoe due to being out of town ALL THE FREAKIN time. Come January, I'm all Tahoe all the time!
i hope you get there on wednesday!! can i tell you and courtney how jealous i am that you get to ski in beautiful powder and sunny skies. the few times i skiied out west i realized that what we call skiing out here is more like skiing with a side of ice.
one day i'll be rich and famous and totally be bi-coastal haha.
Post a Comment