Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good: I wrote the first two sentences of my thesis. They aren't necessarily the true first two sentences and both not make the final cut come March, BUT I have something (anything) on paper. In case you are interested:

"As global trade continues to increase and sup.ply chains lengthen, companies in all sectors of the economy are facing increased vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities exist in all links of the sup.ply chain, including the transportation network which moves goods from origin to destination."

Exciting, huh? Actually, recent news (such as a 20-mile closure of a major freeway in Washington due to flooding - see the pictures on the right, crazy!) highlight the relevancy of my research topic. (Oh btw, all is dry here... we had a bit of minor flooding in the basement, but no one, or no thing washed away.)

The Bad: I had to seriously restrain myself from sending an email to The Boy. It was going to be disguised as a "I'm just telling you I sent you your pants so you don't think I am completely ignoring you" email, when I know full well that they most likely arrived yesterday, and I just wanted to write to see if he wrote back. Thankfully the sane side of my brain is too smart for the psycho girl side of my brain, and quickly nixed that idea. Sane side did let psycho girl side draft an email to get it out of its system - which was promptly deleted. Psycho girl side is still anal about checking my email every two seconds to see if he is going to respond that he got the pants, but that is as far as it goes. Just checked. No email.

The Ugly: I cut myself some bangs last night. Don't worry, they really aren't ugly (although knowing my haircutting skills, it could have ended up that way).I've been growing them out since July but I missed them. No regrets. Yet.

No comments: