Thursday, December 20, 2007

It Is Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Christmas vacation that is.

I spent every day of finals week (when I had no finals of my own) working on my thesis. I've gotten up early every day this week and parked myself in front of the computer. But, finally, today, I slept in. Until glorious 10 o'clock. Then I read in bed for a bit, and checked my emails and read blogs (still in bed - I love laptops). I haven't even gone upstairs yet, just substituted the hershey kisses I had in my ski bag for breakfast. I love it!

And yes, I went skiing last night. It was wonderful!! It was just Boston and me because everyone else bailed last minute (shame on them). It was raining hard until about 2 miles from the summit, but turned to snow just like that when we passed some imaginary line. The snow ended up being wonderful (a little wet, but still wonderful). It was great to get back out there and remind myself that not only can I ski, but I can ski pretty darn well. I think that Boston was sizing me up - seeing what he got himself into when we promised to be BSBF (best ski buddies forever), and I think I rose to the challenge. He is faster and skis more aggressively, but I knock him out of the water (or snow) when it comes to form and I am only a turn or two behind him. If last night was any indication, it is going to be a great season!

I only wish this whole Christmas vacation thing could last all day. I really do need to go into school today. Bah humbug!

No comments: