Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January

My goal for January was to create a photo book of my travels through Europe.

Before I can get started I need some help deciding where to make it. I've had suggestions of picaboo, mypublisher, and blurb. Have you made one? Have any suggestions?

I'm thinking I might actually make two different books. One with captions and descriptions (I knew that journal I kept would come in handy!) and one with only full-page pictures that would be like a coffee table book. Oh yeah, and I might make one from the cross country trip as well.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Finally something I can offer useful advice about.

If you have access to a Mac through a friend or otherwise iPhoto makes spectacularly beautiful photo books. I made one for my Dad for his birthday once and he loves it. Give it a try if you can.

Happy new year!

Cady said...

my brother made one on ipublisher and loved it.

Katie said...

I'm going to try using blurb after I get my grubby hands on our wedding digital negatives.

brandy said...

I have absolutely no idea which one you should use. (But you got to love my honesty here- right??) I will say that I love the idea of making a photo album as a goal. I think my shoeboxes filled with pictures would love this idea too.

L said...

I didn't even know you could make such a thing! Blurb looks cool, and Picaboo looks like there are lots of ways to customize. I'd love to make one myself now, but my one question is: if you don't have a fancy camera, like a dSLR, don't you HAVE to make a smaller book in order to have it look nice? Regardless, it's a really cool idea.