Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pre-Birthday

Boston is heading north today for some fabulous skiing, some of which can only be reached by helicopter, can you say jealous!?!? While he is off skiing with his boys from back east, I'll be celebrating my birthday (skiing as well) without him.

Last night we celebrated my pre-birthday with dinner at Salty's. Oh my goodness - dungeness crab mac 'n cheese... TO.DIE.FOR! I'm telling you - absolutly amazing! The view of the city is incredible as well. Think this, but at night and with a full moon:


He also surprised me with the cutest card and a lift ticket to Crystal. And the news that his boss signed off on him officially being in Seattle until at least mid-August. Yay! (Did I mention that the first thing my mom said when I told her we were dating was "so how long is he in Seattle for...?")

It was a very good start to my 29th birthday.

5 comments:

L said...

Happy Birthday K! I hope you have a blast on the slopes. Your birthday dinner sounds delicious. What perfect bday news to find out that he's there for another seven months! Yay!!

Camels & Chocolate said...

Happy Birthday!!! My friends call me K., too, by the way - but with a period ;-)

I'm hoping my boyfriend can take a hint and whisks me away to Tahoe for my birthday in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

s said...

ah sounds perfect! love crab legs, probably my most favorite food. the restaurant looks amazing. glad he's staying around for awhile, yay!

Katie said...

When I was little we'd go to Salty's once a month for Sunday brunch! So awesome!

Happy birthday pal!

wegrit said...

Happy Birthday!!!