Monday, January 28, 2008

Thoughts

I feel a bit pathetic missing him as much as I do. Only 6 days... yeah really pathetic. It isn't like a physical missing him, but more that I haven't even been able to talk to him. That intoxicated phone conversation (on my end, not his) and 5 minutes on the phone tonight have not been enough (damn those expensive rates when calling from Canada). It kinda scares me to miss him like I do - mainly because I don't know if the level of missing is reciprocal.

He is coming home tonight - late. I wanted to ask if I was going to see him tonight. But I didn't want to hear if the answer was no, so I didn't. But now I sit here wondering, which is probably worse, especially if the answer is no. I understand - it is a long day and he is exhausted from 5 solid days of skiing. I'll survive if I have to wait another day, but my fingers are crossed that I won't have to.

Must go for a run to burn of some of this anxiety.

UPDATE: The run (3.5 miles) did wonders for the mind. I will not see Boston tonight, but I am okay with that. After a long catch-up phone call as he was driving back, I wasn't even that upset when he kinda hinted that he just wanted to crash in his bed as soon as he got home. I figure it will make for a better evening tomorrow with him if he gets a good night sleep.

No comments: