B is for Blah on Friday night. I made a big decision, that I feel was the right one, but still left me feeling sad (more to come). Boston encouraged me to go for a short run even though I soooo didn't want to. He was right, I felt better.
V is for Volunteering all day Saturday. It was my monthly "K Saves the World Day," as my old co-workers liked to call it. I am now an expert at laying parquet wood tiles. Call me if you need some help with your flooring. I work for margaritas. Strong ones of course.
C is for cupcakes on Saturday night. 4 dozen, 2 varieties, not a boxed mix in sight! Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and mint chocolate with (green) mint frosting. Yum!
R is for racing early Sunday morning. I ran my fastest race EVER! 8:04 minute/miles for 3.5+ miles. I felt like such a rockstar! And while it was my little legs pumping away, I have to give thanks to Laura for making me keep going when all I wanted to do was lay down on the pavement and quit. And to Boston for being so damn encouraging and waiting at the finish with water for me (because he had finished a good 9 minutes before me!!)
S is for spring cleaning on Sunday afternoon. 4 roommates x 4 hours = one sparkling clean house. I did a double-take, walking into the kitchen this morning - wait is this my house?!?! To most, this is probably what your fridge looks like typically, but to us - OMG there is so much room in there now!!! And nothing is expired and/or stinky!
F is for Finals Week Dinner on Sunday evening. I might not have any finals this quarter, but I sure enjoyed the chili and cornbread!
M is for Movie Night on Sunday night. I made is *almost* halfway through Into the Wild before I fell asleep. I couldn't help it - after the nonstop weekend my weary body was no match to lying on the couch in a darkened room. I barely opened my eyes when Boston carried me to bed!
How was your weekend?
4 comments:
Wow, an 8-minute-mile average in a race??? That was like me in middle school (that being when you're in the peak of your race time!). My 6.2-mile race a few weeks ago saw a 9:20-minute average, and I thought that was good! Kudos!
Also, thanks for posting that cupcake picture and making me hungry!
And did you know I will be in Seattle TWO weekends in July (a long time off, I realize, but hey, if you're in town, at least you won't be off skiing then!).
I LOVE a clean fridge. Granted I almost never HAVE a clean fridge, but that's beside the point.
Mmmm. I'll have one of those mint chocolate cupcakes please! They're even St. Patrick's Day colour appropriate.
Congrats on the race time! I think a friend of mine may actually have run the same one, though I imagine less quickly than you did it.
I jumped over here from Laura's blog, and seriously thought you had a picture of my fridge on your blog! We've got the same refrigerator and flooring. Silly comment to make, but it made me laugh!
Post a Comment