Friday, April 11, 2008

500!

I have been taking pictures, but my camera and camera cord have had a sort of falling out, and didn’t make up until today. But, that works out perfectly because this is a special post. My 500th!

So in honor of reaching this milestone, I thought I’d look back to the start of it all.

This post is also know as, “Why I Started Blogging.”

Back in 2004, I had no idea what a blog was. One of my coworkers was “frienemies” with another co-worker who had a blog in which she bad-mouthed numerous other co-workers (she eventually got fired, or more likely “dooced.”). When coworker #1 told me about coworker #2’s blog, I enlisted the help of google to check it out. Despite the fact that she is a dowdy, middle-aged woman (Ooh, harsh! I apologize, but it is true), I totally devoured her blog. From her blog, I made my way to another (younger, more fun) co-worker’s, then eventually on to the blogs that I still read today – Katie (who ended up being the first to ever comment on my blog), GFF, and Courtney – to name a few (plus others that are no longer around).

After a failed attempt in early January, I first jumped in the world of blogging in April, 2005. Now 3 years and 500 posts later, I have new “friends” around the country, some of whom I’ve met, and most that I look forward to checking in with each morning as I have my morning tea. I love the blogging community I’ve become a part of in the past 3 years..

So, now I raise my afternoon tea (I drink lots of tea, now I’ve given up the d.coke) and toast to 500 more posts! (More audience participation) How/why did you start blogging?

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Ooh...congrats on the blogiversary! :) 500 is awesome!

Have a great weekend! It's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL tomorrow! I'm rethinking the Martha marathon! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! 500! I think I'm closing in on 50...

wegrit said...

Congrats!!!

I'm happy to have been reading your blog for almost as long as it's been up and I look forward to another 500 posts.

Katie said...

Congrats pal!

I don't really know why I started blogging. I've always been a journal keeper and this just seemed like a neat way to do it.

Camels & Chocolate said...

I had one of those cheesy Xanga blogs right out of college when I was living in Europe b/c all my friends from Sewanee had them and it was a way to keep tabs on everyone. But I retired that one after a year or so, and back last July when I was bored out of my mind working at Lucky mag daily, I thought, hey I need another way to pass the time than just scour others' blogs. Also, with all my travels, my friends wanted to hear about where I was going next, but I felt like mass e-mails weren't a very effective forum...and thus, I give you Camels & Chocolate!