I’m a big dork. I fully admit it. I don’t think one would be willing to suffer through a PhD without being one. And my boyfriend is just as much as a dork as me. In addition to doing puzzles, we have also taken to playing Scrabble together. The first time we played, he smoked me. Honestly, I don’t think I broke 100, and he was in the 350+ range. After that game he taught me some of the tricks he picked up at Scrabble club (yes, he used to be a regular attendee of a Scrabble club in Boston!?!? He also was president of the chess club in high school. And a complete stoner. The boy confuses me.).
I’ve improved tremendously. See our most recent game: 
What you can’t see is that I started off the game with an 80-point word. Boo-yah! 
I still can’t beat him, but at least I make it competitive. But one day…
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Word Play
Labels:
boy-crazy,
i am a big dork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ok...I am a big dork too! I LOVE word games...especially crossword puzzles! You should've seen me kicking butt in the 'word' category of Cranium Saturday night!
What was your 80 point word?
Nice 80 pointer! Always good to start off with a bang. Ahhh, I'm totally with you on the "I can't beat my boyfriend at Scrabble" thing. And it drives me absolutely CRAZY!
i'm a total scrabble lover, i'm also pretty much a huge dork. i can't wait for the future post titled,"i beat him".
If loving Scrabble makes me a dork, then I'm a big one! My best friend, her brother, and I play every time we're together (which isn't often anymore) and often in random places. Once under a street lamp at 1am - it was just so nice outside!
I'm such a sucker for boys with weird (i.e. dorky) hobbies. Very fun that you are both that way!
Now that I've started playing Scrabble online, it is taking over my LIFE!
My husband and I LOVE Scrabble! We play it on our phones when we commute to work, across the country. We love it! I really want a nice board for our coffee table!
I love that the word gentiles makes an appearance.
I used to play online scrabble with my mum, but she knows all sorts of words that only four other people do, so she always ended up killing me!
Post a Comment