I was going to show you all pictures from yesterday’s (as in the FIRST OF MAY) snowshoeing (yes, you read me right, SNOWSHOEING) adventure, but seeing as I left my camera cord at home as I rushed out of the house this morning, that will have to wait.
Instead, I’ll just treat you to another look inside my wacked out mind. You know, the one that is filled with constant dwelling over some (often pointless) aspect of my little ole life.
Today's Episode: “OMG – maybe she is right, maybe I don’t spend enough time with my friends?!?!”
It is 2:15 on Friday afternoon and I don’t have a single plan for the weekend in place. Sometimes that is the best feeling in the world. Other times, like right now, it freaks me out.
I worry about the little things, like the fact that I need to do a 10-mile run, but I don’t know if I should do it on Saturday or Sunday. And it affects if I should run tonight or not (no, if I am doing my long run on Saturday).
And I worry about the big (or so I think) things… I casually mentioned to Boston to give me a call later if he wanted to hang tonight (he has half-day Friday so is done for the week). Now I am just waiting till I can start my weekend. And waiting to see if we are going to spend the evening together. Waiting, and thinking…
I’ll most likely hang out with him, and Max and Laura on Saturday night. Should I just have made other plans, without him, for tonight even though he is who I’d most enjoy spending the evening with?
OK, so if I was going to make plans with someone, who would it be? “Me-time” is not a valid answer.
Laura is hanging out with the in-laws. KC is back in NY for the week. Shell probably has plans already that involve drinking heavily, staying up late, and/or dancing. Kristy hardly ever leaves the suburbs anymore and goes to bed before 9. I’m still bothered by this whole issue with LP and find it awkward to spend time with her. BMG has the flu (and it a boy and won't drink wine with me). Lan won’t be here few a few more weeks. Ummm… that is typically the extent of those I would hang out with one-on-one. Do I need to find more friends?
I mean, I could just call Shell, or Kristy, or even LP (if I got up the nerve). But I probably won’t. Is that bad? I want to spend time with all of them. But I also want to spend time with Boston. And calling up one if them seems like so much more effort than just waiting for Boston to call me.
Maybe I should try and be a bit more social.
But can it wait until Monday?
Friday, May 02, 2008
E-Therapy
Labels:
boy-crazy,
friends,
life or something like it,
Me Me Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hear ya! Scott's out of the town this weekend and I was planning on staying in all weekend alone -- until I got a call from my friend and figured if I'm going to keep friends, I should probably see them once and awhile!
I've felt that way before. But I just hate letting a guy know he can hang out whenever HE feels like it, and I'll just be right there waiting. I'm surprised he hasn't already let you know. As hard as it is, I would make the extra effort and dial SOMEone up, because if Boston doesn't end up coming through, you'll probably have a bummer of a night. But I hope not!! :)
I've had this conversation with myself before too. I definitely don't spend as much time with my friends as I did when I was single, and that makes me feel guilty sometimes. When I'm not hanging out with Jake, I relish my alone time, or spend it cleaning/doing something boring rather than call up a friend.
It's hard to make plans at the last minute, though, so I can see why you're prone to just say,"Why bother?" I hope you do something fun tonight, whoever you're with!
Why is me time not an option? Everyone needs it sometimes...and sometimes you just don't feel like being social.
Post a Comment