Monday, May 05, 2008

Everyone is Mexican Today

In honor of the day that we Americans can put aside our differences of opinion on illegal immigration, all raise a Tecate, and exclaim "salud", Boston and I are making tacos, just like our moms used to make them. Nothing fancy, just meat, seasoning, cheese, lettuce and tomato, on a crunchy corn shell. Yum!

To be honest, I don't really get Cinco de Mayo. I've never really needed an excuse to drink a margarita, just a bottle of tequila lying around will do to trick. But I guess some people need a widely ignored (in Mexico) holiday as an excuse to let loose. And if that is the case, let me introduce the world to my (in)famous margarita recipe (although I'd actually suggest saving it for a Friday or Saturday night, instead of one where you have to go to work the next morning - because it can hit you hard!).

K's Knock the Socks Off Ya Margarita:

1 small bottle tequila (I don't know how much this actually is, but it is enough to fill up the juice can)
1 can cheap beer
1 can frozen limeade

Mix all in the blender for a few seconds and you've got a damn good (and strong) margarita!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Mmmm...that sounds really good! :) I may have to try it one of these days! :)

s said...

w and i made tacos on saturday (we celebrated a little early), but i have to try this margarita recipe.

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! I think that size is a pint.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Um, I didn't even realize until just now that yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. Oops...