My little vacay at Laura and Max’s is going faaaabulous. I love living alone again, even if it is only for a week. The cats and I are getting along well. I’m not much of a pet person, killer allergies will do that, but these cats certainly entertain me. I have even started talking to them, mainly because I feel guilty for leaving for 12 hours at a time and not petting them nearly enough as their parents would. This morning they were even kind enough to let me sleep until my alarm went off – a miracle.
**********
I’ve ridden my bike into school everyday this week. 11 miles roundtrip. The majority of the ride is on a flat, (relatively) newly paved bike trail so I could certainly be a leisurely bike ride and a chance to get in touch with nature. But instead my competitive nature takes control and I time myself, attempting to best my previous time – arriving at my destination a sweaty, out of breath mess. Add to that my first run (also a victim of my stopwatch) since the race today, and my legs are mighty tired. Really, I think I might need to start attending stopwatch (and mapmyrun.com) addiction meetings.
**********
I somehow managed to convince myself that just because it is summer vacation (and slaving away until 8pm in the office every night just screams vacation doesn’t it?!?) I should be wearing shorts. Ummm, yeah it is 54 degrees out as we speak, but don’t mind me wandering around in flops, shorts, and like a billion layers on top (to make up for all the heat I am losing from down below). The 4th (the real start of a Seattle summer) could not get here soon enough!
**********
Shoe shopping at endless.com = amazing. I ordered a darling new pair of Havaianas flops yesterday afternoon and they are already waiting on my doorstep today. Free overnight shipping: best.idea.ever. I’ll be wearing them tomorrow (with my shorts).
**********
Grades were posted today. I got a 4.0. Go me.
**********
First camping trip of 2008 planned for this weekend. Enough said.
3 comments:
I'm checking out endless NOW. I want Havainas; I've heard good things. Although I do love my black reefs, so comfy.
I can relate to feeling guilty when pet-sitting. But don't feel bad about cats - really, they don't care.
4.0??!! You are amazing! Way to go!
4.0??? You rock!
When I worked at Lucky, we credited Endless.com on practically every page.
I'm currently rocking the Havs. I was in Brazil in March and came back with EIGHT PAIRS of them (at $7 a pop, how could I not???).
You should really invest in a Garmin GPS watch with all your running and biking endeavors. Mine has changed my life.
I'm highly allergic to animals, too. And yet I've learned to tolerate The Cat.
It's about that temp in SF this week, too. Typical. Luckily, I'm in Central CA at the moment, and it's going to be 108 degrees tomorrow, OMFG. That's double what you're in, I'll do the math for you =) Crazy@
I don't know how to dress anymore. I hate this weather.
Post a Comment