Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

Before:










Seriously, the grass was over a foot high!

Learning to mow:





That's my roommate who, like me, had never used a lawnmower before: blame 4 older brothers (her) and anal fathers (me).
























We typically take care of the indoors chores, but when the lawn-moving roommate decided to take a 2 month vacation (can you say jealous?!?!), we decided it was time to learn how to use a lawnmower.

You should see our yard now! Well, I guess I should have taken an "after" picture...

4 comments:

L said...

Whoa, what a feeling of accomplishment once you finished!

I've never mowed a lawn either. That was my brother's job.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Haha, there are a lot of things I don't know, but at least being the oldest of two girls, I was made to mow the grass. Funny, this isn't a chore that I've used at all since I was about 17...thanks Manhattan apartments (no grass) and nice California landlords (lawn service).

Courtney said...

I was the 3rd of 4 kids - 2 boys and 2 girls... at the age of 13, each of us had to start mowing the lawn until we could find a "real" job. Needless to say, I took the first job I could find at age 15 1/2. It was telemarketng, but it was better than pushing that d*mn lawn mower around in the hot LA sun!

:)

Anonymous said...

I have never used a lawnmower either (3 brothers), and honestly, I hope I never have to.