I spent this past weekend in quite possibly one of the most beautiful places in Washington. The Ench@ntments in the Alpine Lakes region of the central Cascades. Despite mosquitos, crazy winds, and stalking mountain goats (waiting to lick up your pee - yuck!), 6 of us had an amazing time in the great outdoors. 20 miles in 3 days, including climbing up the crazy steep pass in the first picture, makes for tired, blistered feet and hungry hikers - and an incredible feeling of satisfaction.











(Despite all the self-pity, I do realize that life could be worse... I could live in Iowa. Just kidding, well sort of. But I do feel grateful to live in such an amazing place.)
5 comments:
Hmm, I can't see your pics. I'll try again later.
. . I'm glad you didn't say Nebraska! :)
Beautiful pictures!
I've been to many places in this state but I don't know if I've been there - I may have to check it out soon...
Wow! Your pics are beautiful!
these are such great pictures!
Post a Comment