Minimal amounts of sleep all week, plus early morning pilates (which I hated every moment of), a 3 mile run, and a hike all in one day? Not cool. Especially not cool when the hike covered 4000 vertical feet in less than 2.5 miles. In case you aren't up on your mountain measurements, that is ummmm.... STRAIGHT UP!!!! Seriously. They give it a cute name, Mailb0x Peak, and even put a little mailb0x up at the top, but it certainly isn't cute.
Despite thinking every step of the way that the damn trailblazers were c.r.a.z.y. to forge a small path up the side of this steep-a** mountain, it was fun. I was even smiling up at the top - especially when I was told numerous times that I was pretty hardcore for attempting Mailb0x.
Mentally... a success. Physically... I made it to the top, the verdict is still out, ask me after my nap.
(Photo at the top - mailb0x, me, and mt rainier. And yes, I was wearing a skirt.)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Mountain Woman
Labels:
the great outdoors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes!! I gotta give you props for that one - especially in a skirt!
You hiked in a skirt??? You're my hero. :D
Post a Comment